There is only one tiny little step between wanting what we no longer really want and letting go.
It is worth taking some time to think about what you no longer want. It's an important first step in moving towards what you do want, and towards happiness.
This text, distributed about the net as being by Meryl Streep, is a breath of fresh air for many of you, and no doubt it will gradually lead others to introspection too. A text that leaves you to think through its authenticity that emanates from an experience where its appeal remains flawless.
Meryl Streep in Happiness Mode
Known in Hollywood for her feminist commitment, Meryl Streep is also a woman of wisdom and gratitude, she also knows how to notice the little things in life. When something negative happens, she tries to see the positive side, or learn from it. The formula for happiness and success is just to be yourself, in the most vivid way possible, says Meryl Streep. This great lady with a big heart and unfailing generosity, is comparable to a benevolent fairy, who is far from having her tongue tied. It is with great authenticity that she expresses different points of view and ways of life. She quotes: Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence begets violence. And when a powerful person belittles others, we all lose. So declared Meryl at the 73rd Golden Globes ceremony in Los Angeles.
But Meryl does not stop there. In addition to being a great actress, for many women she remains an example of a strong character, with authenticity, sensitivity and altruism.
Here is her secret to happiness, which she shared on Facebook*
- I have no more patience for certain things...
- I no longer have patience for certain things… not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me.
- I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature.
- I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me.
- I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate.
- I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise.
- I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities.
- In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement.
- Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals.
- And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.
It deserves to be clear…WORDS TO THE WISE!
*Quote by José Micard Teixeira